Have an account?

23 April 2010

Day 4 (Tortola, BVI’s to San Blas Islands, Panama)

Ok, some days provide life lessons. Today is one of them.  If you're having problems sleeping, even if you can’t sleep for three days straight, do NOT take a sleeping pill.  Murphy’s Law states then when left up to chance, what can go wrong, more often the not will, right?!  Needless to say, having been unable to sleep well, I groggily jumped at the chance for a good night sleep, and sure enough, just as I’m wondering off into la la land, the weather takes a bit of a change, and things get a little rough.  This all would have been find had I not forgotten to seal my overhead hatch.  So of course just in my moment of blissful takeoff into sleep, I am suddenly doused with bucket after bucket of sea water from my hatch.  A single sprinkle would have been fine, but now my mattress is currently swimming.  Like a cold wet kitten, fresh outta the womb, I’m feeling pretty helpless here, not too mention the fact that in my groggy state, I can barely stand up straight.  I had enough sense still left in my head to quickly grab my computer and wipe it off before stumbling into Eric’s cabin and crashing on his bed while he was on watch.  Needless to say, Eric was kind enough to let me have his bed for the night, while I slept off my sleeping aid coma….cleaning up my cabin the next day was no fun, let me tell ya.

0 comments: