Have an account?

23 April 2010

Day 6 (Portveneir Island - San Blas, Panama)



Up at 8am today to clean, clean, clean….I’m still not loving my situation, but trying to make the best of things.  Stu and Val have friends arriving tomorrow, so the boat needs to be “flipped” quickly: Eric moved into my cabin, his cabin made up for guests, heads cleaned, boat wipe down.  By noon I’m feeling tossed, still not fully recovered from my overall lack of sleep and soggy room.  Eric forces me to get off the boat with him after lunch and take a few hours off on the beach (which I am greatly thankful for later).  San Blas is unbelievable from the moment I saw it.  Fortunately for Eric it was a good windy day, so he took off kite boarding while I hung out on the tiny island we were anchored off of: Chichime.  It’s really the quintessential fantasy island for any office worker sitting in a cubicle with fluorescent lights over their head.  A real “Joe vs. the Volcano” kind of fantasy.  I felt content for the first time since joining the boat…Oh yeah; THIS is why I do this for a living.  Even though it was only a 2 hour break on the beach.  It was all I needed to remind me that in the end, it really is worth it.  With my own resources I would never have the opportunity to be in a place like this, and see such a precious place.


0 comments: